Our annual baby contest is a tradition in Costa Mesa! Many of our residents (and some from out of the area) have taken home a trophy!
If you would like your child to participate please check the information below.
SUNDAY, June 4th
Judging Begins Promptly at:
10:30 am for Group 1 – 6-12 months
11:00 am for Group 2 – 1 year to 24 months.
Judged for Beauty, Personality & Overall Appearance
For Babies ages 6 – 24 months as of June 4, 2017
Open to the first 15 babies in each group
Group 1: Age 6-12 months ~ Group 2: Age 12-24 months
Birth date verification is required
Registration Fee $5.00
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (714) 549-4961
Open to the first 15 registered in each group.
- Fill out and print form from website: Baby Contest Registration Form
- or… Print and Email with proof of birth to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or… or… Print and fax to: 714.435.0191
- or… Mail form along with $5 registration fee & a copy of birth records to: 3327 California St. Costa Mesa, CA 92626
If you miss the deadline please fax by 6/2/17 to (714) 435-0191 and bring fee & proof of birth date to the judging.
Registration is limited to 15 babies in each group ( REGISTER EARLY) and will remain open until each group has 15 babies. Parents will be notified when their child is added to the Contestant List by phone or email if registered by 6/1/16.
Babies must be within the age categories and in the correct group based on their age as of the date of the contest:
Age Group 1: 6-12 months
Age Group 2: 12-24 months
- One parent, or an adult designated by the parent, may be in the circle with each baby.
- Spectators will be allowed to view judging but MUST remain outside the judging area.
- Bottles or small toys are allowed during judging, however, strollers & other items should remain with someone in the spectator area.
- Babies should stay in the judging area and near their parent so they are easily identified for judging.
- If they turn age one on or before the day of the contest, they would be in Group 2
- On Sunday, June 4th, bring your baby to the FISH FRY, at FAIRVIEW PARK – 2525 Placentia Ave., Costa Mesa, 92627. Judging will be held inside a large covered booth behind the fish dinner prep area. Be prepared with warm clothing if needed.
- Judging will be held promptly at 10:30 am for Group 1 – 6-12 months and 11:00 am for Group 2 – 1 year to 24 months. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the judging time for check in. At check-in you will be given an entry number to put on your left shoulder. Please enter the judging area and find your assigned seat prior to the judging start time. Judging will begin on time.
- Judges are impartial and we appreciate them taking the time to judge. Please remember judging babies is not easy because all babies are adorable! This is a fun contest, which should not be taken too serious. There are a number of judging categories including personality, beauty and overall appearance. Special Awards will be made to all babies.
- As soon as the judging is completed you may exit the judging area. Awards Presentation will be on stage at 12:00pm. Please take strollers and personal items with you.
BABIES MUST BE PRESENT AT THE AWARDS PRESENTATION TO WIN.
- At 11:45 am, Group 1 should be lined up behind the stage. Each baby will be introduced. Parent & Baby will proceed slowly across the stage, Babies may walk or be carried, but parent must keep a hand on them at all times. Remain on stage as directed.
- 12 Special Awards will be announced. As you are announced please step up to receive your award and exit the stage. The remaining Babies will receive awards in the order of 3rd, 2nd and 1st place award.
- Group 2 will be called to line up behind the stage and will follow the same procedure .